This release adds the upgrades system.
“Upgrade all the things!”
February 20, 2014
- FIX/NEW Unit: Short range beam tower now in game properly and fires (although graphics still glitched)
- NEW: Upgrades system.
- Build a factory to create upgrades
- Set how many spare upgrades you want in the top bar with wheel mouse
- Upgrade module properties in upgrades pane in bottom right
- Engineering module required to upgrade/downgrade. Engineers have one, and for now all buildings also have one.
- If you don’t want to upgrade module properties, you can upgrade modules, or units, and upgrades will be distributed evenly.
- NEW: Repair module – units should now regenerate hitpoints
- NEW: Shield delay – units will not regenerate shields for a few seconds after taking shield damage (the delay can be reduced via upgrades in the future.)
- NEW: Medium range Artillery unit: it ain’t pretty, but that will come later
- NEW: Unit & Building commands: Cancel, self destruct, toggle power.
- NEW: Enable/disable unit functionality: Shipyard, Factory, Transmitter, Hub, Launcher, Beamer, Artillery (Be sure to shut down your flux transmitter if you are running out of energy.)
- Fixed: Energy production counter now works (consumption still reads too high)
- Ranges are now shown when placing new units
- Added debug pane in main window for Dev mode (Contact me for instructions on how to enable dev mode)
- Recharge rate
- Recharge delay
- Max shields
- Max Hitpoints
- Tuning Time
- Top speed
- Refire rate
Prerelease warning: This is an unfinished sneak peek release! It is not really playable, it looks horrific, and it has a ton of bugs!